Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Through their membership of management, committee and editorial boards, the HPRC staff actively contribute to the development of national and international health promotion research, practice and policy. Staff positions on these boards are listed below.
- Dobbin Atlantic Scholarship from the Ireland Canada University Foundation as Visiting Professor to the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health, St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, Canada. May-June, 2017 - Professor M. Barry
- Early Careers Group of the WHO-HBSC study (member) - L. Burke, Dr A Költő
- Eating and Dieting Working Group of WHO-HBSC study (Chair) - Dr C. Kelly
- European Commission Expert Panel on Effective Ways of Investing in Health, 2016-2019, (member) - Professor M. Barry
- European Society for Prevention Research (member) - K. Fox
- European Society for Prevention Research’s (EUSPR) Early Careers Forum (member) - K. Fox
- European Society of Hypnosis (ESH) (Executive Board member) - Dr A. Költő
- French National Cancer Institute – Scientific Evaluation Committee (co-chair of Social and Human Sciences, Public Health and Epidemiology stream), 2017-2018 - Professor M. Barry
- Global Working Group on Workforce and Competencies Development, International Union for Health Promotion & Education, 2012- present, (Co-Chair) - Professor M. Barry
- International Association for Youth Mental Health (member) - A. Kazmi
- International Steering Group for the WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health Promotion, Prevention and Policy at THL, Finland, 2007-present, (member) - Professor M. Barry
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, External Examiner of MSc in Public Health (Health Promotion stream), 2017-2021 - Professor M. Barry
- Schools for Health Europe (SHE) Research Group (member) – K. Dowling
- International Association for Youth Mental Health (IAYMH) (member) – K. Dowling
- Scientific Committee for the Health Promotion Chair, School of Public Health (EHESP) and the National Institute for Prevention and Health Education (INPES) France, 2011- present, (member) - Professor M. Barry
- Scientific Development Group of the WHO-HBSC study (member) - Dr C. Kelly & Dr A. Költő
- Sexual Health Working Group of WHO-HBSC study (Chair) - Dr A. Költő
- Sexual Health Working Group of the WHO-HBSC study (member) - L. Burke
- The Children’s Research Network for Ireland and Northern Ireland (member) - Professor S. Nic Gabhainn, Dr C. Kelly, K. Fox, S. Dashdondog
- WHO Geneva & WHO Regional Office for Europe (Temporary Advisor) - Adolescent Mental Health Promotion and Prevention (2017-18) (member) - Professor M. Barry
- WHO Technical Advisory Group on Health Promotion in the Sustainable Development Goals, 2017 (member) - Dr M.J. Lavelle.